Your Community Realty is Canada’s largest independently owned Royal LePage franchise, with over 1,000 Realtors® and 10 office locations from Lake Ontario to Lake Simcoe.
Our 10 office locations are situated in thriving communities that each offer their own unique livability features and benefits. From location and size to schools and business investment, our community profiles highlight what you need to know when researching communities for your next home!
Markham truly is a world-class city, and it’s no wonder why homes for sale here are in such high demand. From a booming local economy, top-tier education, a reputation for being the most culturally-diverse city in Canada and so much more – there is a lot to love about this unique and thriving community.
One major sports feature in the city is the spectacular Markham Pan Am Centre, which aims to provide a first-class sports training and event facility and utilize sport tourism to continue to drive local economic development. Constructed for the 2015 Pan American and ParaPan American Games, the centre features:
- A 10 lane 50-metre swimming pool
- A 36,000 sqft gymnasium with room for 15 badminton, 7 volleyball, and 3 basketball courts
- Meeting rooms with modern audio/video equipment for training sessions and video analysis
- A multi-level fitness centre for cardio and strength training open to the general public
There are many options for parents when it comes to education for children and young adults (as well as mature students) in Markham – with all of their public and Catholic schools having consistently high scores on standardized testing as well as some of the highest rates for university acceptance.
Schooling in the region is operated by the York Region District School Board, the York Catholic District School Board, the Conseil scolaire Viamonde (for French secular schools) and the Conseil scolaire catholique MonAvenie (for Catholic French schools).
Just a few of the many local schools operated by the York Region District School Board are Bill Crothers Secondary School, Markham District High School, Middlefield Collegiate Institute, and Pierre Elliott Trudeau High School.
Local schools operated by the York Catholic District School Board are St. Brother André Catholic High School, St. Augustine Catholic High School, St. Robert Catholic High School, and Father Michael McGivney Catholic Academy.
As far as private schooling options in the area, there are several to choose from. To list just a few of the top-ranked options within the area:
- Trinity Montessori School – PS to grade 9 (coed) – this Montessori school puts an emphasis on individualized learning with small class sizes at an average of 9 students
- NOIC Academy – grade 9 to 12 (coed) – this school boasts some impressive statistics, with a 100% university enrollment rate for graduates, with each student receiving on average 10.6 offers from universities via the NOIC Academy
- Trillium School – NS to grade 12 (coed) – this private school also offers Montessori-based kindergarten
For a complete list of private school options in the area, OurKids.net is an excellent resource.
For a list of Ontario schools offering International Baccalaureate® programs, check out IBSchoolsofOntario.ca.
Check out the full community profile for Markham here.
HOUSES FOR SALE IN MARKHAM