Houses For Sale In Richmond Hill
Your Community Realty is Canada’s largest independently owned Royal LePage franchise, with over 1,000 Realtors® and 10 office locations from Lake Ontario to Lake Simcoe.
Our 10 office locations are situated in thriving communities that each offer their own unique livability features and benefits. From location and size to schools and business investment, our community profiles highlight what you need to know when researching communities for your next home!
Richmond Hill is home to the David Dunlap Observatory, which houses the largest telescope in all of Canada.
Opened in 1935, the observatory serves multiple purposes in both the recreational and academic fields. The observatory serves as an active research centre for the University of Toronto’s Astronomy and Astrophysics Department, where important ongoing studies and experimental programs are helping to further our reach and understanding of the universe.
Within Richmond Hill and the surrounding York Region, there are several schools spanning from the public sector to private and Montessori school options.
The York Region District School Board is available to help residents obtain all the information they need when looking at schooling options for students ranging from kindergarten to grade 12, as well as continuing education programs for senior students and adults.
We’ve made note of just a few of the many top-rated schools in this community, but be sure to check out the York Region District School Board for a complete list. It’s also worth noting that this region (and many of the neighboring communities) offer excellent private school options.
For a thorough list of private schools in this community, OurKids.net is a great resource. Richmond Hill’s private school system is top-tier, offering an advanced curriculum across the board that includes classes beyond the traditional offerings such as language studies, art, music and more to broaden the scope of learning and development for students.
- Silver Stream Public School – serving students from JK to grade 8, this top-rated elementary school offers programs that extend beyond regular classes to special education, as well as gifted programs, with an impressive ranking of 9.5/10 from the Fraser Institute
- Richland Academy – located on the Oak Ridges Moraine, this private school, which has previously ranked as #1 under Reader’s Choice for Richmond Hill, puts an emphasis on “cultivating students who are deeper thinking, confident and world ready”
- The Prestige School – with an emphasis on individual learning and smaller class sizes, Prestige School offers classes from preschool to Grade 12 out of its two campuses in Toronto and Richmond Hill
- Richmond Hill Montessori Private School – offering classes from preschool to grade 8, this top-rated private school boasts an average class size of 20 students, ensuring the opportunity of individualized learning and focused structure for children
- Doncrest Public School – for those parents looking for a French Immersion option, Doncrest Public School ranks as the best in Richmond Hill
For those looking to continue their studies, Ontario offers several highly-accredited and varied post-secondary options.
Richmond Hill also offers students the ability to earn the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma in addition to the Ontario Secondary School Diploma at the following schools:
- Alexander Mackenzie High School
- Bayview Secondary School
- Dr. G.W. Williams Secondary School
- Maple High School
- Milliken Mills High School
Check out the full community profile for Richmond Hill here.