Houses For Sale In Thornhill
Your Community Realty is Canada’s largest independently owned Royal LePage franchise, with over 1,000 Realtors® and 10 office locations from Lake Ontario to Lake Simcoe.
Our 10 office locations are situated in thriving communities that each offer their own unique livability features and benefits. From location and size to schools and business investment, our community profiles highlight what you need to know when researching communities for your next home!
HOUSES FOR SALE IN MARKHAM
A community split between two bustling cities, Thornhill has the unique benefit of being a location which defines “the best of both worlds”, but is rich in its own history.
From community centres to farmer’s markets, the community of Thornhill offers residents plenty of options when it comes to staying engaged and active within the community.
These are just a few of the many popular recreational destinations for residents:
- Thornhill Community Centre – the centre is located on Bayview Avenue at John Street, and features twin ice rinks with an accessible heated viewing platform, a therapy pool, two squash courts, a cycle studio, a gym, one of three City of Markham Health and Fitness Centres, a dance and wellness studio, and the largest of the city’s halls for rent (with a capacity of up to 500 people)
Visitors can also find the Thornhill Seniors Club located here
- Thornlea Pool – located along Bayview Avenue, near the Thornhill Community Centre, this indoor pool offers lessons and programs for all ages (there is also the Thornhill Outdoor Pool, located on Old Yonge Street, open during the summer season only)
- Grandview Park – this 8 acre park features two ball diamonds (1 lighted), 2 lit tennis courts, a playground and a woodlot
- Pomona Mills Park conservation area – 11.6 acres of scenic walking trails and features a playground, soccer field, and the Pomona Valley Tennis Club (which features 3 hard courts)
- Ladies’ Gold Club of Toronto – located along Yonge Street, this club was founded in 1924 and features an 18-hole course designed by golf course architect Stanley Thompson and promotes the message of “beauty, grit and grace” on their website and is the only North American golf club to offer priority access to women (though men are allowed to play here as guests or seasonal guest card holders)
Time to GO Bus, train station or TTC station: 10 minutes
*commuting times are approximate only
- Plenty of options for schooling at every level
Thornhill residents have access to many options when it comes to public, Catholic, Jewish and private schooling at the elementary and secondary levels, all offered by their respective regional operating school boards.
Some top-rated private school options within the area are:
- King Heights Academy – NS to grade 12 (coed) – this school provides a unique educational experience for toddlers to grade 12, which includes the IB Program. Preschool, Pre- Kindergarten, Kindergarten, Elementary, Intermediate & Secondary Programs
- The Toronto Waldorf School – NS to grade 12 (coed) – this educational institution promotes “a deeper perspective”, with a curriculum integrating academics, arts & movement with an emphasis on the intellectual, emotional, physical and social components of child development
For a list of Ontario schools offering International Baccalaureate® programs, check out IBSchoolsofOntario.ca.
Check out the full community profile for Thornhill here.