Your Community Realty is Canada’s largest independently owned Royal LePage franchise, with over 1,000 Realtors® and 10 office locations from Lake Ontario to Lake Simcoe.
Our 10 office locations are situated in thriving communities that each offer their own unique livability features and benefits. From location and size to schools and business investment, our community profiles highlight what you need to know when researching communities for your next home!
As one of several communities within the thriving City of Vaughan, Woodbridge benefits from its proximity and access to the many services, support resources and amenities offered by the Vaughan area and its internal network of communities.
In early 2021, the City of Vaughan opened the Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital.
Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital is Canada’s first “smart hospital”, using a fully-integrated system of “smart tech” to align and integrate communication across internal systems and devices, resulting in innovation and state-of-the-art medical care for patients.
A major community within Vaughan, Woodbridge continues to benefit from its location when it comes to education. Within an hour’s drive from Toronto, there are 7 universities and 8 colleges in the surrounding area, and an output of 334,000 students per year.
Woodbridge schools are operated primarily by the York Region District School Board and the York Catholic District School Board.
Just a few of the many public and private elementary and secondary schools serving students in the Woodbridge area are:
- Emily Carr Secondary School
- Elder Mills Public School
- North Hill Private School
- St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Elementary School
- St. Padre Pio Catholic Elementary School
- Tommy Douglas Secondary School
- Vellore Woods Public School
- Woodbridge Montessori School (Private Elementary)
- Glenn Gould Public School
Some of the top private school options in the area are:
- King Heights Academy – with 2 campuses available, one in Vaughan and one in Thornhill, this facility offers programs from pre-kindergarten to grade 12, promoting a unique educational program designed around academics and athletics
- Vaughan College Private School – offering programs from grade 9 to grade 12, this high-ranking school boasts a high university acceptance rate for their students
- Toronto District Christian High School – co-ed programming from grade 9 to grade 12, this schooling network aims to have students “enfolded, engaged and empowered”
It’s important to note that the City of Vaughan in general is home to some truly excellent private school options, ranging in program levels and curriculum styles, offering parents a range of top-tier choices for children and young adults.
For a list of Ontario schools offering International Baccalaureate® programs, check out IBSchoolsofOntario.ca.
Check out the full community profile for Woodbridge here.
HOUSES FOR SALE IN WOODBRIDGE